Even though car accidents are extremely common today, these cases are tricky. Without a good car accident lawyer on your side throughout the process, you may find yourself receiving little to no compensation at the end of the process. Don’t let this happen to you! Contact a professional like this St Louis car accident lawyer today to discuss your case.
What are Some Common Injuries That Result from Car Accidents?
Heavy vehicles traveling at high speeds can cause all sorts of different injuries. Some of the most common injuries that result from car accidents include:
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries.
- Bone Fractures.
- Muscle Strains and Ligament Sprains.
- Spinal Trauma.
- And Many More.
In truth, almost any injury could occur after a car accident. In the worst-case scenario, victims are killed during these tragic accidents.
How Do Car Accident Lawyers Help Victims?
While much of a car accident lawyer’s work happens behind the scenes, they will keep you in the loop about the status of your case and anything you need to sign or action you need to take. Additionally, a big part of a car accident lawyer’s job is to advise victims on what NOT to do.
For example insurance companies will frequently attempt to settle cases for shockingly low amounts. These initial settlement offers are almost never appropriate and your lawyer will advise you on how to respond to these attempts.
Additionally, car accident lawyers will handle all of the necessary paperwork and filing to ensure that your medical bills are being considered in the settlement proceedings. Medical bills can pile up quickly after a car accident and can sometimes leave victims with almost nothing when the case is closed. Lawyers ensure that this is not the case.
What Types of Car Accidents Do Lawyers Represent?
There is almost no limit to the types of car accidents that lawyers will represent. A small sampling includes:
- Tailgating and Exceeding the Speed Limit. We’re all in a hurry to get to our next commitment. It’s understandable that someone would become frustrated if they feel the car in front of them is moving too slowly. However, tailgating and speeding are dangerous and illegal actions on the road. These can both lead to accidents which may result in devastating consequences for everyone involved.
- Hit and Runs. Everyone makes mistakes. It’s important that we own up to these mistakes and take responsibility. If a driver hits someone or something and then flees the scene, this is known as a hit-and-run accident. These cases can be tricky, but it is a crime to flee the scene of the crime without at least leaving a note with contact information.
- Negligent Driving. Improper turn signal use and not checking blind spots are just two of the many ways a driver can demonstrate negligence. These actions often result in accidents and unfortunate damage to the people and vehicles involved.
Have you been injured in a car accident? If so, you should strongly consider getting in touch with a car accident lawyer today. Do your homework and look for a highly reputable lawyer in your area. No matter how much money your case is worth, your car accident lawyer will fight hard for you!