Between the TV, video games and mobile devices, your child may be spending too much time in the house. Getting children to stay outside more is only effective if they enjoy what they do. Exposure to the outdoor environment is good for your child’s health. They get some Vitamin D from the sun, not to mention the outdoor is great for physical and mental well-being. An added advantage is that you can prevent kids from making a mess in the house. Coming up with activities that will spark excitement requires a bit of creativity but here are a few.
Guest post contributed by Hannah Whittenly
Playing outside is a favorite activity for many children, and it is a healthy way for them to spend their free time. After all, when they are running around and playing actively outdoors, they are getting plenty of exercise, and they are exposed to fresh air and sunshine. However, children can easily get injured or harmed in other ways when playing outdoors if they are not in a safe, secure place. These tips will help you to create an ideal outdoor space for your children.
Continue reading “How to Create a Safe Outdoor Space for Your Child to Play In”
Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 15 Drops Food Coloring (your preference!)
- Cook all ingredients in a 1 1/2 quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly for 4 minutes or until mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from saucepan and allow to cool on flat surface for 5 minutes.
- Kneed dough for approx. 30 seconds or until it is smooth and blended.
- Cool completely.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out desired shapes. Have fun!