When they think of Miami, most people think of beach summertime. However, there are also many ways to enjoy September in Miami. From festivals to concerts and fun family activities, Miami is as alive in September as it is during summer. Whether you’re taking a long road trip or you already live in Miami and are searching for things to do, it’s safe to say that spending this September in Miami will be worth it.
1. Festivals Happening in Miami During September
Festivities abound in Miami during September. From tasting delicious foods to drinking craft beer at concerts, there is something for everyone who wants to celebrate this September. Here are two of our favorites.
During Miami Spice, the city’s most well-known and well-loved restaurants will be showcasing their signature dishes and award-winning chefs. There are delicious 3-course set lunches or dinner packages on offer. So it is both easy and affordable for everyone to try the best of Miami’s cuisine.
Don’t let the name fool you; this festival takes place in Miami from September 9th – 11th. This 3-day Free Beer Festival offers seasonal brews, live music, beer games, delicious food, stein hoisting, and much more.
2. Music Concerts to Look Out for in Miami This September
One of the best ways to enjoy September in Miami is following along with one of the many concerts happening this year. 2022 is bringing us more concerts and musicians than we can count. That being said, let’s go through some of the most notable ones.
- Lady Gaga. That’s right, Lady Gaga is coming to Miami on September 17, 2022, to perform at the majestic Hard Rock Stadium.
- Scorpions & Whitesnake. If you are more of a rock fan, there is good news for you as well. Scorpions & Whitesnake will perform in Miami on September 12, 2022, at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
- Alicia Keys. Going back to the realm of divas and female pop idols, Alicia Keys will also be at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino on September 16, 2022.
- Lizzo & Latto. Speaking of divas, Lizzo will be coming to Miami as part of her tour with the special guest Latto. They will be hitting the stage on September 23, 2022, at the FLA Live Arena (formerly BB&T Center) Sunrise.
3. Comedic Genius Coming to the Stages of Miami
Another style of entertainment you should look for as a way to enjoy the wonderful city of Miami in September this year is the various stand-up comedy shows.
- Amy Schumer. Whether you love her or not, you must admit that Amy Schumer has impacted the US comedy scene. With her hilarious jokes and incredible charisma, she will be blessing the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino stage on September 10, 2022.
- T.J. Miller. T.J. Miller will also be bringing you some laughs this September. On September 30, 2022, you can find him at the Improv in City Place Doral.
4. Fun for the Whole Family in Miami
There are many reasons to bring your family to Miami, whether for a fun trip or to start a new life chapter. If you decide on moving and spending a part of your life here with kids, you should ensure that you will enjoy all the benefits this great city offers. Two of the best ways to enjoy September in Miami with your kids are:
- Participating in the Sea Turtle Nesting and Release Program;
- Paying a visit to the Miami Children’s Museum.
There will always be something to do with the family in the city of Miami.
5. Miami Is the Perfect Place for Sports Lovers This September
If you love sports, you should definitely visit Miami this September. There is a lot to follow, but the three main schedules that both locals and visitors enjoy are:
- Miami Dolphins Football Schedule,
- Florida Panthers Hockey pre-season Schedule,
- Miami Hurricanes College Football Schedule.
6. The Everglades National Park
The Everglades National Park has recently reopened. This means anyone who prefers to spend their time surrounded by nature rather than rowdy crowds at concerts or football games also has something to do in Miami this September. There are many guided tours currently offered in the park:
- Gator Park: Everglades National Park Airboat Tour and Wildlife Show;
- Everglades Safari Park;
- Sawgrass Recreation Park;
- Everglades Area Tours.
And of course, if you would rather sit back and enjoy the surrounding nature with your family on a picnic that you packed, there are plenty of areas designated for just that purpose that you can take advantage of.
7. The Marina Is Reopened
Marinas are now open, and plenty of operators have already started taking reservations for Biscayne Bay Cruises. The most popular ones currently are:
- The Adrenaline Junkie Jet Boat Ride,
- Splashdown: Duck Tour of Miami and South Beach,
- Thriller: 45-Minute Sightseeing Speedboat Tour,
- The Original Millionaire’s Row Cruise.
8. Free and Budget Events for Those Who Need Them
If you are traveling on a budget, you are not alone. Luckily, Miami offers plenty of free and budget-friendly activities as well. Let’s go through some of the best ones that take place in September.
Wynwood Art Walk Block Party
The Wynwood Art Walk Block Party takes place every second Saturday of the month. It has been one of the most iconic events in the city for a while now. The up-and-coming neighborhood where the party takes place has also been transforming the art scene in Miami. It’s best known for its street art and splashy murals. The party features a live art show, pop-up shop & gallery experience. Here you can mingle among artists and watch as art is created right before you. There are also plenty of gourmet food trucks, cocktails to try, and live music.
Miami Design District Art and Architecture Walks
With the guidance of resident experts, you can explore murals, outdoor art spaces, galleries, featured exhibitions, and the fabulous architecture that you can find throughout the Design District. Another thing to get excited about occurs every Sunday: this is when you can buy locally sourced produce and culturally influenced food brought to you by The Market. And you can do this shopping while also enjoying live entertainment.
Free Miami Museum Days
Many Miami museums offer free admission days regularly. Here are some of the most standardized offers. However, we urge you to double-check the museum websites for any updates or changes to the schedule before you head out.
- Museum of Art and Design (MOAD) – Free admission on Thursdays from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Perez Art Museum (PAMM) – Free second Saturdays of the month
- Miami Children’s Museum – Free third Friday of the month from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Bass Museum of Art – Last Sunday of the month from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) – Last Friday of the month from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm (with Free Jazz in the Courtyard at 8:00 pm)
As you can clearly see, it shouldn’t be a challenging task to enjoy September in Miami this year. Pack your bags, buy all the tickets you can, and let yourself enjoy the wide variety of activities coming to Miami this September.