Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and you don’t know yet how to surprise your loved one? What would be more lovely than a unique handmade gift, more precisely a pair of matching bracelets packed with creativity, thoughtfulness, and heart?
With the help of this guide, you can make two matching bracelets in just under 30 minutes. You can keep one and give the other one to your valentine whether it’s your boyfriend, husband, best friend or anyone close to your heart.
The base material for the bracelets is a cord, which you can probably find at home or in any store. You will also need 2 pairs of clasps and a couple of charms to recreate this design but you can leave the latter out if you wish.
Other supplies needed that you most probably have lying around at home are scissors and pliers.
- Start with your first bracelet. Cut one of the cords in half. You should work with 2 pieces of 50 cm length.
- Thread one of the cords in the charm.
- Cross over the part with the charm.
- Take the other piece folded in two and place it on the loop you just made.
- Take the ends of the second cord and place it below the ends of the first cord.
- Cross over the loop where the charm is.
- Continuing with the same end, insert it below the next loop but cross the strings in the loop over.
- Tighten the infinity loop by pulling the 4 ends simultaneously.
- Arrange and tighten the cords to your liking and align it with the charm.
- Use pliers to flatten the clasps, closing them tightly.
- You should now have a bracelet.
- Repeat the steps with the other cord to make the matching bracelet.
Just follow the illustrations in the guide and enjoy the making of these matching bracelets! Happy Valentine’s Day!