Making Snack Time Fun With Homemade Squeeze Pouches!
If you have a toddler in your life, you probably know that those little squeeze pouches are probably their favorite food. For me, it’s such an easy way to get their fruit and vegetable servings in daily. It’s convenient for parent and child. But sometimes, buying them regularly can get a bit pricey.
With Squooshi, you can make your own reusable food pouches and save yourself lots of money! It’s also a really great way to involve your children in helping make their snacks. There are so many other benefits to making your own squeeze pouches, let me share with you some facts from Squooshi.
Why it’s Important to Make Your Own
Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years. Juvenile diabetes is growing at a rate of 3% annually. Environmentally related disease cost our nation over $76 billion dollars last year. Our nation’s landfills are overflowing and air pollution is a leading cause of asthma and respiratory disease.
- The increasing incidence of childhood obesity and diabetes is linked to the abundance of unhealthy food (NIH, 2004, 2007).
- Babies and young children are more susceptible to the harmful effects of toxins in food.
- Most food travels over 1,200 miles before it reaches your table (baby).
- Pre packaged baby food loses vitamins, nutrients, and taste during high temperature cooking and long distance shipping and storage.
- Over 2 billion single use plastic food pouches end up in landfills each year. Methane gas from landfills is a leading cause of air pollution.
What Comes In The Family Starter Kit?
- One 750 ML container with non-slip grip
- One piece Easy-Glide Plunger
- One Detachable Silicone Non-skid Base
- One Silicone Spout Cap and Complete
- Detailed Instructions and Care Guide
- Six large animal character pouches
- Two ChooMee Sip’n soft tops plus Carry Case
- Two bonus small animal pouches and four extra caps
This is everything you need to fill your pouches with a delicious treat! The pouches have a super cute animal design that my kids love. They are reusable and BPA free. Dishwasher and freezer safe. I like to make a batch ahead of time and throw them in the freezer. When we are on the go, I just pop them in my bag and they’re ready to eat when my kids are ready for a snack.
Cleaning everything is really simple, which is important to me. There are no hidden spots I can’t get to, which means no mold or residue can form. The pouches are resealable at the bottom, which makes cleaning a cinch.
My kids and I have been having a blast coming up with different fruits and veggies to mix together for the squeeze pouches. We just toss what we want in the blender, and when done we add it to the tank to start filling pouches. My son loves to help fill the pouches, and he’s really good at it! There are also recipes provided on the Squooshi website, which has been super helpful! I can toss some extra healthy stuff in there without my kids knowing, which is awesome!
Since having my children, I am so much more aware of the environment and the purity of the foods my family consumes. I love when I can find a company that has the same values and ethics that I hold for myself and my family. Reusable squeeze pouches are great for the environment since we aren’t throwing plastic into the landfill, which is most noteworthy to me. We aren’t adding unnecessary chemicals in our foods, and the food is fresh right when we want it!
Be Social! Follow Squooshi!