The Holidays are the greatest time of the year for many of us. It is all about family gatherings, decorating the house, and putting up the Christmas tree. However, due to the excitement, we can easily forget about how much danger this period can mean to our four-legged friends. From candy to mistletoe many holiday specialties can be a real threat to pets.
One of the most common mistakes we can make is offering human food to our loved furry friends. Christmas is a time of giving and sharing so we all want to treat our companion, but unfortunately, many human foods can be toxic to pets. Ingredients and treats like raisins, onions, xylitol, and chocolate should be kept away from your pets’ reach as they can cause serious harm. If you want to offer them something special, you should buy treats formulated for them or make a research on what’s safe to give them.
Did you know that even a single leaf of any kind of lily can be lethal to your cat? In fact, many holiday plants can be poisonous to your pet. Pine, mistletoe, and holly can be toxic if animals try to eat them. Although the steps mentioned above are really important when it comes to your pets’ safety, there are many more things to keep in mind. We are sure you want the best for your furry family member and for that you can use the checklist below.
You can also download this Holiday pet safety checklist which mentions 10 more very important things to keep in mind. Feel free to check it out every time you feel the need and your furry companion will surely be safe during this exciting time of the year.