My husband would like for the answer to be yes! Most of us enjoy a cup of coffee or two everyday. If you’re like me, you stumble into the kitchen first thing to get your brew on. Don’t you love that delightfully rich aroma when you open the can? Not only is the smell of coffee a pleasant eye opener, recent studies show that consuming up to three 8-ounce cups per day has proven health benefits. Who knew? My DH will be thrilled!
Here are a few of the benefits:
- Coffee helps fight disease. The caffeine works to help protect brain cells from damage that can cause Parkinson’s, dementia, and Alzheimer’s.
- Coffee gives your brain a boost. Try drinking a cup before a long drive to stay alert.
- Coffee helps you lose weight. Consuming caffeine can speed up your metabolism and the fat-burning process, which helps to lower your risk of obesity.
- Drinking coffee lowers your risk of diabetes. Drinking just one cup per day can decrease the risk of developing diabetes by 13%. That is amazing.
- Coffee can help with depression. People who consume four or more cups of coffee a day are less likely to be depressed. Studies show that black coffee offers the highest benefits.
- Antioxidants in coffee could help prevent liver disease. Studies suggest that caffeine can help the liver regulate itself.
Coffee just may be the super-juice you’ll need with your daily meals! With brain and metabolism boosting power and disease/disorder fighting properties, drinking coffee offers great health benefits!