Bathroom renovations are not only important for enhancing the aesthetic features of your home but sometimes it is a necessity too. Renovation of bathrooms includes the repairing and replacing of old, worn out materials with the new and improved ones so that your bathroom can bear the ravages of time and still manage to look stunning and function well. Apart from making a fewfchanges, complete transformation can also be done depending on the need.
Tips for renovating the bathroom:
When you are going for bathroom renovations, keep the following points in mind so that the renovating experience doesn’t prove to be a nightmare for you –
- Plan first – Proper planning is required before taking up any work. A Bathroom is an important place of our home and thus before renovating it, we need to chalk out which changes we would like to make there and if they are practical enough or not Seek the opinion of experts as they will advise you what will be best suitable for your space.
- Budget – It can also be regarded as a part of your extended planning or you might end up spending more. Ask for quotations from the companies who expertise in bathroom renovations, as it will give you a brief idea about the impending expenses. Opt for the pocket-friendly plan other than an extravagant one.
- Drainage system – It is the most important factor to be considered while making transformations in your bathroom. Try not to place your drainage pie on the exterior wall or you might end up in trouble during the winter season as the water might turn into ice, coming directly in contact with the chill outside. Replace the small drains with the large ones to avoid clogging.
- Ventilation – Proper ventilation is required in bathrooms for maintaining hygiene. There should be ample space for the air and light to play in the bathroom.
- Shower / Tub – Depending on your usage and comfort, install a shower or tub in your bathroom. If the space of your bathroom is less then it would not be advisable to opt for a tub.
- Other important factors – The other important factors of bathroom renovations include lighting, flooring, and storage. When you are planning to light your bathroom, make sure it doesn’t become a hindrance for you while doing makeup or shaving. The lighting should not be too glare or too dim. The floor of the bathroom has to be such where there is less chance to slip. Storage in the bathroom must be planned according to your use.
Whom to trust for renovating your bathroom:
We all want our bathroom to look stunning and function equally well. There are many companies who will readily opt for the task of bathroom renovations but before hiring any of them, just go through the following points –
- Experience in the field – Before you choose a particular company or a builder for renovating your bathroom, check if that company /builder has good experience in the same field or not.
- Reputation – The reputation of a company must be considered before hiring. A reputed company will have more experienced and skillful laborers and thus the standard of work will be better.
- Possession of license – The company you are hiring must have the required licensing and certification otherwise you might land up in having legal problems.
- Charges – Ask for estimation of charge from companies for the bathroom renovations task before seeking their service.
A fabulously styled and functioned bathroom can make you feel really proud, no matter whether it is small or large in size.
Contributed by Lara Buck