The Birth of Cinnamon Roll Fruit Cups
In my house, cinnamon rolls have lots of purposes. From monkey bread to plain old cinnamon rolls to Cinnamon Roll Fruit Cups, they make a great base for a lot of things. One morning I needed a quick breakfast that was a little healthier than just cinnamon rolls. I thought about making them in my large jumbo muffin tin. If I made many cups and filled them with healthy things, that makes a healthy breakfast right?
Making Cinnamon Roll Fruit Cups – Tips and Tricks
Turning the cinnamon rolls into fruit cups was entertaining. The first batch I did ended up rising just like regular old cinnamon rolls. The second batch I did turned out much better. I pressed the cinnamon roll into a cup in the jumbo muffin tins, baked them part way, and then used a spoon to press the air back out. What resulted was an adorable cinnamon roll cup that could be filled with about a half a cup of anything you choose. I found the jumbo cinnamon rolls work best and provided a great base for fruit, whipped cream, and the caramel sauce that came in the rolls. Cinnamon Roll Fruit Cups make a great quick breakfast that’s different from the run of the mill value meals you pick up on the way to work!
- 2 tubes caramel cinnamon rolls
- cooking spray
- 3 c fruit, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 can whipped cream
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray cups of a jumbo muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Press a cinnamon roll into each cup, pressing the dough up the sides.
- Bake the rolls for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and press the partially baked rolls into cups.
- Return to oven for another 5 to 10 minutes, until rolls are golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly, and remove from muffin tins. Repeat with the remaining raw cinnamon rolls.
- Place fruit in the cooled cups, layering if you have more than one variety.
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle with the caramel sauce that came with the rolls.
Make Cinnamon Roll Fruit Cups Up Ahead of Time
If you’d like to make Cinnamon Roll Fruit Cups for sleeping guests or kids, simply bake the cinnamon rolls ahead of time and store for later. You can warm them gently in the oven then fill them your favorite fruit pieces and top with whipped cream. You can even make these as part of a picnic by taking the fruit cut up, and assembling them on site. Be creative with your fillings, and you’ll love the results.
Anyway you want to do it, Cinnamon Roll Fruit Cups turn plain old cinnamon rolls into something amazing.