Are you a brand new homeowner or looking to sell? It’s good to know exactly what your property is worth and how to add more value.
Recent studies have revealed that you can increase the value of your property by 643% just through spending £3,500 ($4,000) on improvements. In the average home, those who invested £3,500 ($4,000) on an open plan kitchen saw their property’s value increase by as much as £26,000 ($30,000). All types of properties have the potential to be improved, no matter how big or small. You can turn your home into a dream.
Here are 20 Ways to Add Value to your Home
- Covert the garage into living space.
- Revamp your kitchen.
- Invest in planning permission.
- Add a conservatory for extra space.
- Invest in extra sockets.
- Enhance your garden.
- Improve or renew your bathroom.
- Invest in an open plan living area.
- Upgrade your windows to double or triple glazed.
- Convert your loft.
- Convert your basement.
- Split your house into two flats.
- Improve your home to be energy efficient.
- Change the locks for high-quality security.
- Change the flooring
- Make adjustments to let in as much natural light as possible.
- Bring the outdoors, in.
- Clean the driveway paving or invest in new paving.
- Paint to invest in new doors.
- Update your central heating.
Did you know that the average homeowner in will live in 7 different properties throughout their lives? They will also spend an average of £26,295 ($30,700) redecorating. If you are looking to move houses or up and sell, check out the infographic below to find out more facts about the current UK Property Market.