Wrinkles are considered to be sure signs of aging. And sometimes, even if you are still as young as you think you are those lines only force them in your skin, from your neck to your forehead. And yes, it can be incredibly irritating and embarrassing for such a young age. The good news is that you can do something about it!
Wrinkles can be deep furrows or fine surface lines. They often serve as a reminder of your everyday stresses in life. Besides stress though, other harmful factors contribute to that contouring of those annoying lines, including the following:
- Facial Expression and Habits
- Natural Aging
- Poor Nutrition
- Skin Type
- Sleeping Habits (Like sleeping on your side)
- Sun Exposure Leading to Damages
Besides trying to avoid these contributors to your facial wrinkles, one thing you can do is to consider effective treatments that can help you get rid of these lines.
From a more scientific approach to simple logic-based natural treatment, there is something you can do to take care of these lines.
The essential thing you need to know about wrinkles is that they occur in the inner layer of the skin called dermis.
The reason that lines mostly appear when people age is that it is in aging that the body produces less collagen, which is the element that makes the skin smooth and elastic.
With less collagen, it can only be expected that the skin will be saggy and have lines. In this instance, you can consider the following options:
- Medical Treatments and Procedures
Cliché will tell you that prevention is better than cure, but sometimes you have made enough makeup mistakes that your skin bore the suffering of those errors.
And this is where medical treatments and procedures can come in handy. Some of these wrinkle treatments and procedures are:
- Dermabrasion– The process of sanding the skin that may invoke side effects like permanent skin color changes and scarring.
- Laser Resurfacing– Stimulates the skin’s production of collagen through lasers, helping to plump it up
- Injections– Relax muscles that cause wrinkles. One of the most traditional injections is the Botox.
- Plastic Surgery- Minor surgeries that can get rid of wrinkles, which include brow lifts and facelifts
- Retinoids– The most efficient way of treating wrinkles, as well as roughness and uneven pigmentation brought by aging
- Ultrasound Therapy– Uses ultrasound to lift and together with the skin on the affected area through a noninvasive technique
You can choose one among these methods and procedures that you can use to get rid of your wrinkles.
If you are a little weary when it comes to medical treatments, you can also consider the following:
- Avoid the Harmful Heat of the Sun
The sun is one of the major makers of your fine lines and wrinkles. Lots of researchers found out that exposure to the sun is a more compelling cause of wrinkles that hereditary.
In this case, there are only two things to do with regards to it; either entirely avoid going under the heat of the sun or wear sunscreen if you absolutely must do so.
More than just keeping your skin away from wrinkles, it can also protect it from skin cancer.
If you do choose to use sunscreen, make sure to use the nontoxic ones to avoid free radicals from commercial sunscreens.
- Be Mindful of What You Eat
Diet can be considered a standard factor in everything. This is also applicable when you are in search of the best ways to avoid wrinkles. Increase your intake of the following:
- Fish (Salmon)– Excellent source of protein and omega-3 fatty acid that helps plumps up the skin that reduces wrinkles and keeps it young and vibrant
- Soy– Said to have some healing and protecting properties that improve the firmness and structure of the skin based on researchers
- Fruits and Vegetables– Comprised of antioxidant compounds that will reverse effects of photoaging and enhance the skin to be more radiant
- Don’t Smoke
Another no-brainer when it comes to correctly taking care of your body is to avoid smoking.
Smoking is said to release an enzyme that can break down elastin and collagen, which are components of the skin that make it tight and firm.
- Make Sure to Get Plenty of Sleep
Rest and sleep will always be rejuvenating and will keep your skin healthy through the production of HGH or the human growth hormone that aids the skin to be firm and more elastic.
On the downside, if you lack sleep, the body will produce more cortisol, which is the hormone that breaks down skin cells and results in the skin getting saggy.
- Avoid Certain Habits that Can Contribute to Your Wrinkles
Specific practices are sure-fire to cause the lines on your skin. Some of which include:
- Sleeping on your side and face-down– This position can lead to you having sleep lines that will in the long run result to wrinkles, especially on your chin and cheeks (sleeping on the side) and deep furrows on your brows (sleeping face-down)
- Squinting when reading– Repetitive squinting can overwork your facial muscles and form lines on the surface of your skin that eventually turns to wrinkles
- Over-washing your face– Washing your face too often can get rid of the natural oil and moisture that protects your face, which can, later on, give way to wrinkles and lines.
- Using Essential Oils in Your Regimen
While doing the usual face regimen every morning and night can help you take care of your skin, one of the sure ways to keep it healthy is by using natural essential oils.
There are several oils you can choose from that help you avoid and get rid of wrinkles, including the following:
- Argan oil
- Coconut oil
- Cypress oil
- Jojoba oil
- Lavender oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Neroli oil
- Olive oil
- Rose oil
- Sandalwood oil
Quickly reduce those embarrassing wrinkles on your face by following these practical tips. You can do everything at the same time or choose the ones applicable to your needs.
Meighan Sembrano is a health enthusiast and a passionate writer. Her primary expertise is in Beauty and Skin Care, but she has also published articles on Health and Fitness. Her sincerity and thoughtfulness resonate with readers, and her enthusiasm is contagious. You can follow Meighan on Twitter and Facebook.