The thighs are right up there with the belly. It is an area that most women love to hate. Ask 10 women, and 9 of them will tell you they would love to lose some inner thigh fat.
The problem is you cannot lose targeted fat. But, what you can do is develop lean muscles in the thigh region. Inner thigh fat is a common concern among women. Many wonder what exercises can help them lose fat in that region.
With the trend of thinner thighs and skinny jeans, more and more women want their thigh region to be sexy. Well, when you combine great exercises and proper diet, you can get rid of excess body fat and get a fitter and healthier body.
The best exercises
One thing we have to note is that getting rid of fat cannot be achieved only with inner thigh exercises. You also need cardio workout of 20 minutes five times per week and a proper diet. That doesn’t mean running on the treadmill every day.
It means doing some walking, biking, and similar simple cardio activities that burn calories. With that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the thigh exercises.
Leg lifts with a stability ball
- Lie on your side on the floor. To be more comfortable, bend your bottom elbow and rest your head on the hand
- Place a large exercise ball in between the feet
- Slowly lift the ball up toward the ceiling. Use only your hips and butt
- Return to starting position without touching the floor
- Stand with your feet wide apart and toes pointed out at 10 and 2 o’clock
- Bend at the knees, and push your butt back while squatting. Think as you are sitting in a chair
- In the same time, hold the hands or weight in front of you, but close to the body
- Place your weight on your heels
- Squat to a position your thighs are at a 90-degree angle to the floor. If not, go only halfway
- Stand on your left leg, and place your hands clasped behind the head
- Bend your right knee, and swing your leg up and across your body
- Without putting the right foot down on the floor, sweep the right leg out to the right side
- Repeat 10 times with right leg, and then switch
- Stand with feet hip-distance apart, weights in hands down by your sides
- Step wide to the right, and lunge down toward the floor. Keep your upper body as upright as possible
- Try to touch the floor with your weights
- Push off of the floor and return to the starting position. Repeat to the other side
Side to side walk with elastic band
- Start by placing an elastic resistance band around the ankles
- Walk to the right with the widest step possible
- Repeat with four more steps to the right, and then walk to the left four times
- Repeat in a continuous and fluid movement
Side Shuffle Switch
- Stand with feet together, and arms by your side
- Shuffle to the right by taking three quick steps to the side in a right, left, right movement, and then lift the left knee up, all while swinging the right arm forward
- Reverse the shuffle to the left, in a left, right, left movement and land with the right knee up, and left knee bent
Attitude to side extension
- Stand on the right leg, with the right knee slightly bent. Place your hands on your hips
- Lift your left leg, all while turning the left heel up as you lift
- Open your left leg out to the side of your body while straightening the leg out into a full extension
- Repeat 10 times with your left leg, and then switch
Top 3 Things to Consider for Losing Thigh Fat
In addition to exercising regularly, you need to pay attention to three other aspects of your “lose thigh fat program”.
The first one is your diet. What you is very important. While you need a lot of protein for building muscle, do not forget about other food types as well.
Follow a balanced diet of healthy carbs, good fats, and lean protein.
The second one is about how you tone your muscles. The inner thigh exercises we mentioned are great. And if you want to add more pressure, add a resistance band exercises or perform a fuller range of motion.
For example, when performing squats, do an unrestricted squat exercise, as it is far more effective than restricted squat.
Last, but not least, ask yourself, “are you staying active on a regular basis”. Some activities are more effective than others. For example, cycling and snow skiing are great. In terms of running, consider burst training and high-intensity training for burning more inner thigh fat.