We have been trying to eat healthier lately. I guess my lack of energy is the main purpose behind all of this. I know I need to eat breakfast in the morning, but it is very difficult for me. I am simply not hungry! I want coffee, coffee, and then more coffee. 😉 Here is my simple solution.
Muffuletta: Sandwich or Submarine?
Muffuletta is a sandwich that you might have never heard of, but once you have one, you will LOVE it! Originally, a Muffuletta was created by Italian immigrants in New Orleans and it’s similar to a submarine sandwich, but so much better. This sandwich is amazing for gatherings, as an appetizer, or for picnics. I love to bring a Muffuletta to a picnic and watch everyone look at it quizzically, then smile when they give it a good bite. What sets it apart that makes it so phenomenal? You press the Muffuletta overnight in the refrigerator, melding the flavors together to make the best sandwich you’ve ever sunk your teeth into.
Do you have a favorite Chicken Recipe that everyone adores? Is it appealing to the eyes and tasty to the palate?
Get the FACTS about JustBare Chicken:
- No added hormones/steroids
- No additives/preservatives
- All natural
- No antibiotics
- No solution added
- Practice humane care (raised on family farms in cage-free, climate, controlled barns with the help of expert nutritionists and veterinarians; 3rd party animal humane certified)
- Vegetable and grain fed (no animal by-products)
- Supports sustainable practices (supports wind energy through renewable energy credits)
Chicken is an ingredient in many of my main course dishes. My JustBARE +5 recipe was inspired by the upcoming Super Bowl. Here is a game day special recipe: Slow Cooker Chicken Nachos! YUM 😉
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 10 oz can of Enchilada Sauce
- Low Fat Shredded Cheese
- Mild Salsa or fresh tomatoes & onions depending on preference
- Low Fat Sour Cream
- 1 can black beans (rinsed & drained)
- Place Chicken and Enchilada Sauce into slow cooker and cook on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and place on cutting board. Shred with fork.
- Cover cookie sheet with baking mat or non-stick foil (If using foil - shiny side down, dull side up)
- Place 3/4 bag of Tortilla Chips on baking mat.
- Add shredded chicken and top with desired amount of shredded cheese and black beans
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts at 350 degrees.
- Carefully slide chicken with cheese onto a platter.
- Top with remaining ingredients and serve!
About Just BARE® Chicken:
Just BARE® is healthy chicken the way nature intended. Unadulterated. Simply delicious. Humane certified and traceable to family farms, Just BARE chicken contains no added hormones, no antibiotics and is always vegetable and grain fed. An assortment of fresh, frozen and deli products can be found at grocers nationwide.
Disclaimer: This Lady Blogs receives compensation for advertising. It allows us to keep the site up and running. All opinions expressed are solely from This Lady Blogs. My opinions are my own and were not influenced by any form of compensation.
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 Tsp of celery seed
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and celery seed together.
- Add in shredded cabbage and carrots.
- Mix well. Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Store in sealed tight container in refrigerator.
Taco Seasoning can be used in many different recipes. It is a staple item in our home. We make beef tacos, chicken tacos, or taco soup at least once per week. Here is a simple recipe for DIY Taco Seasoning Mix tohelp you save money! Double or triple the recipe to keep on hand. You’ll need the following ingredients and an air tight container to store it in.
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Corn Starch
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Brown Sugar (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne (optional for more heat)
- Add 1/2 cup of water for 1-2 lb. of ground beef
The leaves are changing and with cooler weather already here, we may as well begin preparing our favorite holiday recipes. 😉