Did you start your local online business recently? Then you must be struggling hard to get visibility on Google for long-term success and growth. According to the latest statistics and reports, a majority of searches on Google, nearly 46% look for local information. So if your business is not showing to your local consumers on Google, it is a red signal.
For all these reasons, all you have to do is strengthen your local SEO strategy. Do you know that the local search results use a local pack backed by Google My Business? Thus, it is essential to understand the advanced tips and tricks of Google My Business (GMB).
This guide will talk about the advanced strategies of Google My Business and many other answers to some frequently asked questions regarding it.
What Is Google My Business?
Google My Business (GMB) is an open-source and simple tool useful for medium and small-scale organizations. It facilitates them to strengthen their online presence on Google and boost business profile traffic with the help of multiple tools and hacks. Moreover, through Google My Business, you can also incorporate or edit your business information.
If you know how to use it correctly, you will find a way to show yourself on different search results as well as on the local pack. Therefore, the concern regarding your business’s visibility will not linger anymore. If you are the owner of a local business startup, you must be aware of the platform GMB does that your listing appears on search engines.
How Can I Set Up A Google My Business Page For Free?
If you are pondering how to set up a GMB page, let me tell you this is not a complex task. Following is a breakdown of how to set up a Google My Business Page without incurring a single penny.
- Navigate To The Create Page Of Google My Business.
- Give A Keyword Rich Name To Your Business
- Select The Category On the Page That Best Suits Your Business
- You Can Also Add a Location For Enabling Customer Detect You Easily
- Choose The Areas Where You Will Provide Your Services
- Include Contact Information
- Once everything is done, tap the ‘Finish Button’ and proceed to verify your listing.
- All set! Now you are ready to rock your Business.
What If Your Business Category Is Not Available On GMB?
Select the broader category related to yours if you find that your business category is not available on GMB while creating a page. Whatever you do, remember to be very specific and relevant in this case; otherwise, you will not get listed on GMB even; forget about your Google visibility!
Do You Need To Add Keywords In Your GMB Description?
A number of marketers think that stuffing your description with keywords will add value to your local rankings. But actually, it does not; instead, you may come across keyword stuffing. So do not waste much time on it, but remember to make your description appealing and pertinent to your business.
How Can You Optimize Your Google My Business Listings?
By now, I hope it is clear to you that Google My Business is one of the must-have tools for a digital marketer. But once you start using it, remember to optimize your listing on the GMB platform in order to leverage your visibility and drive more traffic. Following are the strategies to optimize your GMB listings:
- Update your business information from time to time. Also, add a structured and engaging business description.
- Upload high-definition, precise images of your business, for example, your service/products/physical office space (if any). Allow your audience to get a quick sneak peek into your company when they look for local businesses.
- Do not overlook the Google My Business Reviews. This is a common mistake that many digital business owners make, which leads to issues in your business ranking.
- Create and upload posts relevant to your business. It will help you promote your offers, services/products among the target audiences.
- You can also use Video marketing as a fantastic way to enhance your GMB listing. Mainly, video content pieces are highly engaging, thereby boosting a colossal traffic volume to your small business.
- The final step is to add short names of your business.
Now that you know the best practices and strategies Google My Business, what are you waiting for? Give it a try and let us know your experience or if you get stuck in the process. Follow the above steps diligently to give your small business a set of new wings and take it to the next level.
Mashum Mollah is a tech entrepreneur by profession and a passionate blogger by heart. He is on a mission to help small businesses grow online. He shares his journey, insights, and experiences at RSL Online & Blogstellar & Content Rally & The Daily Notes & Search Engine Magazine, Dream and Travel & Tour and Travel. If you are an entrepreneur, digital marketing professional, or simply an info-holic, then this blog is for you.