Guest post contributed by Ella Allan
When it comes to beauty, one of the most important things to look after will be your face. From makeup to skin care routines, you’ll be able to look your best and stay young with the perfect skin! But acne can get in the way, and it’s one of the most annoying things to see when looking at the mirror. Unfortunately, there are people who have acne prone skin, so it gives them a hard time looking for ways to cover these blemishes up. But not to fret, as there are three skin care routines for acne-prone skin!
Wondering what these routines are? They’re simple and easy to do, so read on!
The Three Skin Care Routines for Acne-Prone Skin
To avoid future breakouts, it’s essential to have the perfect (or at least the best and effective) skin care routine for YOUR sensitive skin! Based on our research and tests, here are the effective three skin care routines for acne-prone skin:
The Quick-Fix Routine:
For those who don’t usually suffer from breakouts but currently have a pimple or two, here is a short-term solution you can follow at night:
1. To prevent swelling, use over-the-counter acne medication with 1% hydrocortisone cream for the inflammation.
2. After that, apply a bit of benzoyl peroxide spot treatment and add it to the pimple (or your whole face) to get rid of the bacteria.
3. Apply salicylic acid spot treatment after, then wash your face with warm water once it is absorbed (wait for around ten minutes).
The pimple will be gone or look clearer the day after.
For Sensitive Skin:
Having acne-prone skin is a bit worrying, since you never know when you’ll break out! Because your skin is sensitive to everyday stress or your environment, you will need specialized products or natural ingredients that won’t aggravate your skin. Here’s a skincare routine to follow:
1. Use your fingers or soft washcloth to cleanse your whole face and neck. Invest in good acne treatment wash that contains salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide for effective results. Or, you may be using prescription medication. If that’s the case, use gentle and non-medicated cleansers.
2. Make sure to wash your face twice if you happen to do extreme activities or wear makeup. Do NOT use harsh soaps or hand wash your face, as this irritates your skin.
3. Put toner or astringent on a cotton or pad, gently smoothing it on your face and neck. Use alcohol-free products with open pimples, or if your skin gets easily irritated. Skip this part if these products irritate your skin overall.
4. Put on your acne treatment and let the absorb on your face before applying oil-free moisturizer. And you’re done!
For Mature Skin:
It sucks if you are older but still suffers from the breakouts! Just because you’re older doesn’t mean you’re out of the clear when it comes to getting acne and blemishes.
You may need another type of products to reduce both acne and drying of skin (due to age). Here’s the routine you can follow:
1. Use a cleanser with rich and creamy formula. Using a wet washcloth, smooth out the cream and gently pat it around your skin. We recommend you to do this during the night if skin is very dry. Wash your face gently (with warm water) in the morning. Not only will it moisturize your face, it will also help prevent acne from coming back again!
2. During the day, choose lotion with the humectant. Apply it on your face and body, then add sunscreen after to avoid the harmful rays of the sun. This will help reduce the spots around your skin.
Remember to pair these routines with good skincare habits. Avoid touching your face or popping pimples, as this aggravates your skin and makes it worse. Also, make sure that you invest in products that are natural and healthy for your skin!
We also advise you to exercise and have a nutritious diet. This will definitely have your skin clear and glowing! If you suffer from oily skin and beauty marks, you can choose to follow these as well, or search for other routines that help remove beauty marks as well.
When it comes to caring for your skin, you will want to make sure that you have the proper skincare routine! This will prevent your skin from breaking out and getting unwanted blemishes. Plus, you’ll reap the many benefits when you have natural ingredients and beauty products that work for you!
Hopefully, these three skin care routines for acne-prone skin will have helped you establish a good routine to prevent acne from ever coming back again. So what are you waiting for? Invest in the right beauty products and prepare your new skin care routine today!