The Mediterranean diet has quickly become not only a popular weight loss plan, but also a means to improve overall health. It’s a fact that in Mediterranean countries, populations have a significantly lower risk of heart disease thanks to the diet. Furthermore, Mediterranean foods and dishes have been linked to healthier weight, reduced risk of diabetes, and a host of other health benefits. While switching over to a complete Mediterranean diet may not work for everyone, adding just a few items to your grocery list can have a positive impact.
If you’re like me you don’t look forward to the dreaded question “What’s for dinner”. I can testify that not being prepared brings a lot of unnecessary stress to our lives! eMeals has the solution for the dreaded question! Not only do they make your life easier right away by sending you a 7 day delicious meal plan to your inbox, they also provide an organized shopping list! Stop and think about the time you spend figuring out what to cook, making a list, and then shopping. What if you are a fly by the seat of your pants type and you just skip the list and go shopping? I have discovered through experience that going shopping without a list will always cost me more money!!
eMeals has over 50 meal plans available starting at only $5 per month! I bet you spent $5 on a latte this morning! What do you have to lose? You can access your meal plan via web, email, or smart phone app!
Here is a fabulous recipes from eMeals, Mediterranean Creamy Fettuccine with Broiled Tomatoes
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 12 oz uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 6 oz cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ cup chopped pitted kalamata olives (optional)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup torn fresh basil
- Preheat broiler. Broil tomatoes and garlic on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet 4 minutes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving ? cup pasta water
- Heat oil in a large skillet; sauté spinach 1 minute. Add reserved pasta water, cheese, and red pepper; cook until cheese melts.
- Add tomato mixture, pasta, olives, and salt; toss with basil before serving.