Summer will soon be ending. However, good iced coffee can be enjoyed all year long! Here are some tips to help you make the perfect iced coffee drink.
- Begin brewing with fresh coffee beans. If you don’t have a grinder, you can pick up an inexpensive one at a local store.
- Add your cream/milk and sugar to taste before it cools. You can store brewed coffee left over from the morning in a sealed container in the fridge. In the afternoon, add ice, and enjoy!
- Be sure to use ice that tastes good! Sometimes it is better to buy a bag of ice if you don’t have a water filtration system. Ice from tap water usually doesn’t taste very well. 🙂
- Brew your coffee a little stronger because the ice may weaken the flavor.
- Have fun with it! Try adding whip topping, nutmeg, cinnamon, or chocolate shavings for a yummy treat.
If this sounds great but you’re just too busy – here’s a little short cut. Try this recipe that uses instant coffee. 😉
- 2 Tsp instant coffee
- 1 1/2 Tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tsp cold water
- 1 1/4 C milk
- Chocolate shavings
- Sugar to taste
- Put the first 5 ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until the ingredients are smooth and frothy.
- Add the cold milk and blend until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Pour over ice add the chocolate!