There is a pretty good chance that there are a few ways you could make a positive change to your beauty routine. From getting glowing skin to lustrous hair, here are a handful of ways how to make your beauty routine healthier.
Guest post contributed by Ida Jones
It begins to seem impossible to follow a healthy diet and lifestyle when your schedule is fully packed. The sleeping pattern gets distorted and a healthy diet turns into energy bars and snacks. If this is the case with you, keep reading because we have got some effective tips and tricks following which you can succeed in achieving a healthier lifestyle amidst the entire hectic schedule that you have.
Some days our bodies just don’t feel like they should. Do you feel tired or suffer from lack of energy? Have you recently felt achy or had digestive problems? If you have experienced any of these symptoms, it may be time to detoxify your body. Detoxifying removes and eliminates toxins and then replenishes the body with healthy nutrients making you feel healthier.
Are you not sure if you need to detoxify? Most individuals should detoxify at least once per year. To begin the detoxification process, you will need to remove as many toxins as possible which include avoiding: caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes, refined sugars and saturated fats. You also need to avoid household cleaners that are chemical based as well as personal products such as shampoos, deodorants, or toothpaste. Try using natural products instead.
Here is an easy 7 day plan:
Fast for 2 days while only drinking water or juicing. You may experience a mild headache. This is normal when you take away caffeine and sugar. Then, for the next 5 days, drink plenty of water and eat foods that are high in fiber such as brown rice, broccoli, cabbage, bananas, raspberries, raisins, and oatmeal. Also, most vegetable based foods tend to be high in fiber. Be sure to add in daily supplements and exercise.
After your initial detoxification plan, you can continue to cleanse your body daily through diet and lifestyle changes. You will begin to feel amazing and welcome the change.
Healthy cookware may not be something you have ever considered. However, if you are trying to eat better, you may be seeking healthier cookware options. Each of the following types of cookware has their advantages but they may also have disadvantages. After reading about them, consider which one fits your needs most.
Considered as being one of the safest of all cooking materials, stainless steel is non-reactive and will not corrode. It is also easy to clean. It is important to note, however, that if harsh abrasives are used, it could damage the surface of the cookware.
This cookware is naturally non-stick. Using it also adds iron to your diet. You can find it pre-seasoned and with an enamel coating. Be aware that enameled or glazed cookware that is made outside of the country may not be made with the same safety standards as the US.
If you are trying a low-fat diet, bamboo cookware is a great one to consider. It is renewable and eco-friendly and adds a touch of flavor to whatever you cook.
Another type of cookware good for low-fat cooking is Terra Cotta. This is great for low temperature cooking or for steaming. Simply soak the cookware in water, place your food into it and then bake it in a low-temperature oven until the Terra Cotta is dry.
Teflon has been around since the 40’s, and many newer cookware brands use this form of coating. Some experts in healthy cookware do not like to use this type of cookware because the coating gives off the chemical perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) which has been found to cause cancer in animals. :/
Copper is considered safe because it conducts heat well and can be used for a number of different tasks. It is best to use copper cookware that has a thin outer layer of tin.
In our home, we use stainless steel the majority of the time. Although I do have a few Teflon pans, I have learned that you get what you pay for. I usually end up throwing out my Teflon pans each year. They never seem to last. I plan on saving up for a cast iron skillet. 🙂 What is your preferred cookware?
Make Dessert a Solution, Not a Problem
Women have quite a reputation for being head over heals in love with desserts and specifically CHOCOLATE! Think of the appeal: sweet, satisfying and always makes you happy. Now where else can you get a deal like that?Some scientists claim it will lower your risk of stroke by 20%. Other researchers claim small amounts of dark chocolate can lower your blood pressure and extend your life.
How much more proof do we need? I say, just hand it over! So if dessert is the answer, than how do you stay trim? I fondly remember a line in the popular musical Hairspray where Velma Von Tussle, Amber’s mother, says she hasn’t had a dessert in 20 years! Or, opposite of her, you could eat a huge ice cream sundae or piece of cake every day. These gourmet desserts easily amount to 700-1000 calories, or half of your daily calorie intake for weight maintenance. You can bet, if you’re eating too many high calorie desserts, then gaining weight is an imminent threat and diets aren’t going to work. So if some dessert is good for you, but too much dessert is bad for you. I propose a solution! And if my tips help women stay slim eating dessert and sweet foods, I think I deserve an award for that! It would be for “Peace of mind”.
So my lady, don’t cut sweet foods out of your life. The relationship wasn’t that bad! Just fill your cravings with these sweet wonders! Don’t try to fight it, just do it!
Eat Responsibly, Foods to Satisfy Your Sweet Craving
1. Fruit is always your first go to, when craving something sweet. Pick your favorite fruits. To me, cherries taste like candy and I can never eat all the raspberries I truly desire. The more you get used to eating natural foods, the desserts that are all wrong for you won’t taste good anymore. Want to give your fruit an extra kick? Lightly dip your strawberry in high quality dark chocolate!
2. Make a vow to yourself that your desserts must also have a good amount of nutrition in them. Remember food is for fuel and nutrition. So, make a carrot cake with fresh grated carrots, some coconut macaroons with real coconut meat in them, a cupcake with fresh orange zest. And go as light as you can get away with on sugar for the rest of the recipe. With the smaller amount of sugar you are using, make sure it’s natural or comes from a natural plant like Stevia.
3. Flavor your meat with sweet sauces. Sweet doesn’t always have to come from dessert. I love the Chinese sesame and sweet and sour chicken. And you don’t just have to use the sauce packets! You can make sweet and sour sauce from an actual pineapple, which is very healthy. Get creative with making sauces from actual fresh fruits. You could make a plum sauce, orange sauce or branch out and make fresh jellies and jams. If you’re not used to cooking with fresh fruits then gradually add in any extra sugar needed, or don’t use any at all if not absolutely necessary.
4. Invest in high quality dark chocolate. Not overly sweet. Get it from a health food store. Read the label. The percent of cocoa should be in the 70s, 80s or 90s! Kind of like your favorite type of music. Healthy chocolate rocks!
5. Make your own desserts and carbohydrate foods at home. I have found with my clients and customers that desserts and carbohydrates present the biggest challenge to them. So make them at home so you can monitor the sugar and use healthy ingredients. You can bake cookies, scones, banana breads, and strawberry sorbet to start with. Experiment and have fun! Keep your sugar intake to 12 grams sugar at one sitting with a treat.
6. Make your own fresh fruit juice or smoothies. Fresh orange juice, pineapple or grapefruit juice should take the place of sodas. Sure, it doesn’t come in a can, but think about what it “CAN” do for you!
Find Amazing Cookbooks to Help with Your Journey
The Domestic Diva has two brand new cookbooks on Amazon, Healthy JunkFood and Italian Vegan Cookbook that include weight-loss recipes for chocolate, spaghetti, nachos, tiramisu and the whole she-bang of yummy food. These comfort foods are great for keeping you satisfied and helping you get in shape!
“I would love for you to get in shape eating the recipes I used to shed 20 lbs. No more diets! It’s a healthy lifestyle with yummy food. Good Luck and know that I believe in you!
Guest Post contributed by The Domestic Diva, owner of the health and nutrition company Healthy JunkFood. She serves as a health coach and enjoys motivational speaking to the community about leading a healthy lifestyle. You may contact The Domestic Diva by email: domesticdiva@healthyjunkfoodfun DOT com. She will be happy to answer any health questions you may have!