How many of you pour grease down the drain? Guilty!!
After grease travels down the drain, it is washed into the plumbing system. The grease sticks to the insides of the sewer causing build up. Eww!
Eventually, it can block the entire piping causing
- Raw Sewage overflow into your home, yard, or street
- Expensive clean-up
- Potential contact with disease-causing organisms
I usually try to dump a little. However, a little builds up too!
Leftover Grease – What do we do with it?!
- Use an old container to pour excess grease in.
- Scrape food scraps from plates in the trash can for disposal.
- Pour grease/oil or any food scraps down drains.
- Use HOT water to rinse grease off of any cookware or surfaces.
I always thought cold water was best for rinsing cookware with grease. Now that I have been doing it all wrong for 20 years, I will be using hot water from now on. EEK!