If you think your microwave is just for popping popcorn, reheating leftovers or cooking frozen dinners, then you are missing out on some of the wonderful dishes that you can make right in the microwave. Since it takes only minutes to prepare most dishes in the microwave, cooking in it is a great option for a warm breakfast, quick lunch or fast supper. Here are four recipes that are delicious when cooked in the microwave.
The holidays are known as a season of giving. This gives you a wonderful opportunity to show your loved ones how much you care for them. Your significant other deserves to be given a gift (or gifts) that shows just how much affection you hold towards them. One of the best ways to do this is through surprises, which can be given throughout the holiday season. If you’re unsure of where to start, this guide will greatly help you. Here are five tips for a holiday surprise your significant other will love.
Romantic dinners are such a lovely experience for a couple, especially during the holidays. Your options are widely available, depending on whether you want to eat out at a fancy restaurant or cook a meal for your significant other. At a restaurant, you can unwind, knowing that you are being treated and have the opportunity to just enjoy your significant other’s company. By cooking dinner yourself, however, you can go the extra mile by making your own delicious meal that you and your significant other will both adore.
Over the years I’ve served a lot of Pot Pie to my family. It’s simply a hearty classic that the whole family enjoys. The great thing about Pot Pie is it’s how versatile it is. You can make it so many different ways, for example, have you ever considered Tamale Pot Pies?
It’s time to get out of your comfort zone! We hope you’ll try some of these amazing recipes that we have compiled from our talented blogger friends. Which one will you try first? How about taking some of that leftover turkey from Thanksgiving and make Turkey Pot Pie?
Continue reading “Pot Pie 12 Perfect Ways”
The Mediterranean diet has quickly become not only a popular weight loss plan, but also a means to improve overall health. It’s a fact that in Mediterranean countries, populations have a significantly lower risk of heart disease thanks to the diet. Furthermore, Mediterranean foods and dishes have been linked to healthier weight, reduced risk of diabetes, and a host of other health benefits. While switching over to a complete Mediterranean diet may not work for everyone, adding just a few items to your grocery list can have a positive impact.
Summer is the best time to have a festive gathering for family and friends. Here are some great ideas you may want to include on your menu. These items are quick and easy to make for your summer dinner party. They don’t require a lot of cook time and your guests will really enjoy them!
When it’s cold outside there is nothing like a big bowl of hearty homemade chicken noodle soup to warm you up! I think you’ll really enjoy this recipe. It’s easy and kids like it!
Do you have a favorite Chicken Recipe that everyone adores? Is it appealing to the eyes and tasty to the palate?
Get the FACTS about JustBare Chicken:
- No added hormones/steroids
- No additives/preservatives
- All natural
- No antibiotics
- No solution added
- Practice humane care (raised on family farms in cage-free, climate, controlled barns with the help of expert nutritionists and veterinarians; 3rd party animal humane certified)
- Vegetable and grain fed (no animal by-products)
- Supports sustainable practices (supports wind energy through renewable energy credits)
Chicken is an ingredient in many of my main course dishes. My JustBARE +5 recipe was inspired by the upcoming Super Bowl. Here is a game day special recipe: Slow Cooker Chicken Nachos! YUM 😉
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 10 oz can of Enchilada Sauce
- Low Fat Shredded Cheese
- Mild Salsa or fresh tomatoes & onions depending on preference
- Low Fat Sour Cream
- 1 can black beans (rinsed & drained)
- Place Chicken and Enchilada Sauce into slow cooker and cook on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and place on cutting board. Shred with fork.
- Cover cookie sheet with baking mat or non-stick foil (If using foil - shiny side down, dull side up)
- Place 3/4 bag of Tortilla Chips on baking mat.
- Add shredded chicken and top with desired amount of shredded cheese and black beans
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts at 350 degrees.
- Carefully slide chicken with cheese onto a platter.
- Top with remaining ingredients and serve!
About Just BARE® Chicken:
Just BARE® is healthy chicken the way nature intended. Unadulterated. Simply delicious. Humane certified and traceable to family farms, Just BARE chicken contains no added hormones, no antibiotics and is always vegetable and grain fed. An assortment of fresh, frozen and deli products can be found at grocers nationwide.
Disclaimer: This Lady Blogs receives compensation for advertising. It allows us to keep the site up and running. All opinions expressed are solely from This Lady Blogs. My opinions are my own and were not influenced by any form of compensation.