There’s nothing more exciting than receiving a box full of chocolate. Recently, R.M. Palmer sent over some of their amazing chocolates to sample and I was so excited when I saw they had color themes! It’s hard to find good chocolate that has specific colors you can buy to match party themes, etc.
Contributed by Lizzie Weakley
With the holiday season approaching, many of you are wondering what new and flavorful treats you might be able to offer your loved ones at the upcoming holiday events. You want to show off your culinary skills, but during this time of year, time is hard to come by. Fortunately, there is one standby that’s appealing, transportable, and easy to make in bulk: homemade candy.
Continue reading “Holiday Cooks: How to Make the Best Candy for Seasonal Family Gatherings”
Every fall our family makes Butterscotch Hay Stacks. It has been a tradition for many years. The great thing about Hay Stacks is the fact that you can freeze it for up to 2 months. Make some for Thanksgiving and save some for Christmas! These are so easy to make and I have not met anyone who didn’t like them! 😉
- (2) 12 oz bags of butterscotch morsels
- (2) C of chow main noodles
- 2/3 can of peanuts (medium size can) *** Optional!
- Melt morsels in saucepan or double boiler over medium heat
- After melted, remove from heat and pour over noodles in a large boil (and peanuts if desired)
- Mix well
- Drop by teaspoon onto waxed paper
- Let sit until hardened.
- Place in air tight container
- Can freeze for up to 2 months