Making your own bread is a delicious accomplishment. There’s nothing like fresh homemade baked bread! For those of you who are gluten intolerant like myself, there’s still hope for us. I’ve found that almond flour can make great biscuits and pancakes! Let’s not forget coconut flour – it makes the best banana bread!
I hope you’ll find these tips for baking bread useful!
- Knead your dough for 30 seconds after mixing to improve the texture of baking.
- Substitute cooking oil in waffles and hot cakes instead of shortening.
- While bread is baking, a small dish of water in the oven will help keep the crust from getting too hard.
- Dip a spoon in hot water before measuring shortening or butter.
- Be sure to preheat your cookie sheet, muffin tins, or cake pans before doing any sort of baking.