Guest post contributed by Diana Bailey
Recent media in the health and fitness industry has been raving about the many benefits of adding superfoods into their diets. If this is your first time hearing about them, superfoods are basically nutritious food that promotes optimal health and well-being.
And as superfoods, their benefits aren’t just limited to physical health, superfoods are also very good for the skin. We all know that eating a well-balanced diet is the way to go in order to achieve a healthy body and beautiful skin. Why not add superfoods into the mix for a boost?
DIY Superfood Recipes for Skin
One of the other great things about adding superfoods into your diet is the fact that they are very versatile. You can eat them as is for fruits, or you may try cooking and preparing them in a fancier way. Here are some yummy and nutritious recipes you may want to try:
Honey Soy Salmon Fillet Recipe
Research says that salmon is one of the primary sources of biotin, a vitamin that is great for curing many different scalp related ailments. But did you know that they are great for maintaining healthy and radiant skin as well?
This Honey Soy Salmon Fillet recipe is best for people who enjoy a sweet and tangy flavor. Not only is this recipe fragrant and savory, it is also very easy to prepare. Simply follow these steps to create this dish at home:
- 1 minced scallion
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (preferably with less sodium)
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey
- 1 teaspoon of minced ginger
- 1 pound salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, add scallion, soy sauce, vinegar, honey and ginger. Whisk ingredients well until honey is completely dissolved.
- Place salmon into a resealable bag and add 3 tablespoons of the sauce mixture prepared in Step 1. Refrigerate the salmon and marinate for 15 minutes. Set aside remaining sauce for the next steps.
- Preheat the broiler. With foil, line your baking pan and use some cooking spray.
- Transfer the marinated salmon onto the pan with the skin side down. Do not add the leftover marinade from the bag. Broil salmon for 6-10 minutes.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce from Step 1 and add toasted sesame seeds
To toast sesame seeds, heat a small pan over low heat. Add in sesame seeds and stir until seeds become fragrant (about 2-3 minutes) Set aside and let cool.
Acai Banana Berry Bowl Recipe
Acai bowls are quite trendy nowadays. This is because they are great for weight loss and they are also full of antioxidants. Each bowl serving is filled with Vitamin A, B, C and E – all of which are beneficial for people who are suffering from acne. Below is an easy to follow recipe:
- 2 cups of frozen strawberries
- 2 frozen sliced fresh bananas
- 4 tablespoons of premium grade acai powder
- 1 cup almond milk (or more, depending on your preferred consistency)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Toppings of choice (your preferred fruits, chia seeds, goji berries, coconut flakes)
- In a blender, add in strawberries, bananas, acai powder, almond milk, almond butter and honey. Blend until mixture becomes a yogurt-like consistency.
- Add in some more almond milk as needed to make the blender run smoother
- Transfer acai mixture into a bowl and add toppings. Feel free to decorate as you like.