Yes, we are that family. The one who’s kids play sports all year long. It can become exhausting at times, but honestly, we wouldn’t have it any other way!
Through the years, I’ve learned a lot from coaches and other moms on how to be prepared. This prevents a lot of stress while traveling, practicing and during games.
One of the most important things I hear drilled into our brains is to HYDRATE! My kids aren’t much for drinking water so this can be challenging. In the past, the day before a game or clinic I’ve had to constantly stay on them to drink, drink, drink! That is why I am beyond thrilled to find BODYARMOR, a premium sports water designed by athletes, for athletes. It is naturally sweetened and has only 20 calories per serving. They love it and I love giving it to them.
10 Essentials for Any Kid Who Plays Sports
- First, you’ll need a Gym Bag to carry around all of these essentials. You can choose from a variety including, sports gym bag with a shoe compartment, medium duffle bag or drawstring gym sack depending on your preference.
- Shoes for the court or gym. I’ve found it’s necessary to have a good pair of shoes for every sport.
- Healthy Snacks for post-game hunger. They’re always starving, aren’t they? This will save you tons of money if you have to travel. Stopping for fast food can get really expensive!
- Money because you may have forgotten the snacks or possibly ran out. Trust me, they will spot the nearest vending machine. I promise you!
- Change of clothes such as extra sports socks, t-shirt, workout pants and/or shorts. My kids would seriously wear shorts year round if I let them.
- Lip Balm to prevent or seal dry lips. My kids are always asking for lip balm!
- Knee Pads and maybe an extra sleeve to put them in to keep the odor away. If you’re a sports mom you know all about that smell I’m talking about!
- Rubber Bands because you never know when one might break! Although my girls play sports, they have long beautiful hair and rubber bands are a priceless commodity in my house.
- Sports Tape or band-aids for injuries. You never know when a sprain or pulled muscle will occur. Sports tape can support muscles while they move and reduce muscle fatigue.
- Superior Hydration such as BODYARMOR Water or BODYARMOR LYTE. These premium sports drinks are packed with electrolytes, coconut water, and vitamins. I love the fact that BODYARMOR is low in sodium and high in potassium.
Keep them hydrated with BODYARMOR.
I recently had the opportunity to share BODYARMOR LYTE SuperDrink with my kids’ basketball team. They were all delighted with the Peach Mango and Cherry Berry flavors. Everyone asked, “Where did you get this?” I was happy to tell them it is available at our local Food Lion store. Would you like to try some for your athlete?
Find BODYARMOR at Circle K and Food Lion in NC
and use THIS COUPON to save!